Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Retraction (oh, the shame!)

Mea culpa, Jonas Brothers. I misjudged you. Frequent (and observant) readers of this blog may remember that I was less than pleased with their Disney Channel Original show, JONAS, after seeing a bizarre and somewhat embarassing episode of their show. I didn't get it. I wasn't sure what parts were supposed to be funny. The lack of a laugh track confused and puzzled me. How was I to ferret out the funny without prompting? Of course, if it had been obviously funny, this wouldn't have bothered me.

So, long story short, for months, I avoided JONAS like the proverbial plague. But, a few days ago, I was sitting around and trying to avoid my responsibilities. So, even though "nothing" was on tv, I couldn't bear to get busy. Therefore, I watched a JONAS marathon on the telly. And oh, how I laughed. Well, maybe not laughed. Giggled. Most definitely a guilty pleasure, but a pleasure nonetheless.

Sure, there are some things I would change. Stella often has too many bangs. Too much bangs? The boys often wear uncomfortably tight pants. Nick isn't very funny (although sometimes that in itself is funny). But overall, JONAS is pretty plobnrg. I should never have doubted you, Disney Channel! Although you did bring us That's so Raven, which I could never really get behind. So my skepticism was not unwarranted!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ha! agreed about That's so Raven. I will never forgive them for that show. But, I kinda like Jonas too. It's no Hannah Montana, but still.

Mom at Our House said...

I have only seen one episode of The Jonas Brothers also, it left me disappointed. Maybe, but just maybe I will give it another chance.

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

No Hannah Montana, indeed. But, them Jo Bro's is pretty hot. And me no mindey the tight pants. I'm just sayin...

R and A said...

I watched about 1/3rd of an episode and I too was not sure if they were trying to be funny or serious. Oh well.