Saturday, October 8, 2011

I'm famous!

Because I am mentioned in a very fancy pants book blog!

But first, some background. This blog was written by my pen pal. That's right, I have a pen pal! I'm cool like that. Seriously, though, I never had a pen pal when I was a kid (when most people have/get pen pals). But I always thought it might be cool, so when the lovely ladies at FYA (a site I have mentioned here before) started a pen pal club, I signed up immediately.

Anywho, now I have a pen pal. And her name is Meredith! I know what you're thinking, but it's not me writing myself letters so I will feel popular. It's actually another person whose name is also Meredith! She lives near Boston, and in spite of the name of her blog, is not a librarian. So you can see that we are, in fact, two separate individuals. But she's awesome, and a totally great pen pal. Every time I get a letter from her in the mail, it puts a big smile on my face. There's just something about getting mail, and getting mail from someone who is only my friend through the United States Postal Service. Hopefully we will be pen friends for a very long time.

There you have it! My 15 minutes of fame! BTW, in case you haven't already done so, now is the time for you to go back and read the fancy pants book blog that mentions me. I'll wait. Welcome back! I wish that my blog about pen pals could be as clever and filled with action figures as hers, but let's be honest. Even if I had action figures, I could not put them on this blog. My camera's batteries are dead.

2 comments:

Jessie H. said...

Awesome!!! I love that you have a pen pal!!! It makes me want to write my pen pal but we are lame and only write emails now.

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Meredith! That is so awesome! I got the chills reading about you on other, other Meredith's blog (hmm, that's a bit confusing)! She likes you, she really likes you! On a completely unrelated note, did YOU know that it is no longer correct to double space after each sentence? I'm appalled and probably will resist the single space age-iness in which we now live. Anywhoodles, congrats on your famousity!