Sunday, March 8, 2009

Freaks Part Deux: The Enabling; or, How I learned to stop worrying and love High School Musical


I have come to a conclusion. It's not my fault. People feed my sickness. Yes, as you can see, it's not an illusion. No, it's my life-size cardboard cutout of Troy Bolton in his prom tux! And no, I didn't buy it myself. It was a gift, as was almost every other HSM thing I own. So who's more of a freak-the people who bought me this, or me, for being freakishly excited? It's hard to say. But I will just say, I'm grateful. I love all my HSM stuff, and it brings joy to my sad, shriveled little soul. Plus, doesn't he just look swell in my room? He's guarding the window seat! And he's only freaked me out 4 or 5 times! After that, I got used to having a strange man standing in my room. He looks dashing and probably scares off intruders. So thanks, lovely former roomies! And thanks to everyone else who has ever fed my obsession. In closing, I'd like to mention two other HSM things that were left out of my last post--my HSM Uno (how could I forget you? The mind reels); and my newest acquisition--my HSM watch. In my defense, my old watch died a tragic death last week, and this watch was by far the cheapest one at the Wally World. Also, it was cute. Good times.


5 comments:

Megan Campbell Carter said...

That is pretty fantastic. In college we had a cut out of Jean Luc Picard and we regularly freaked people out with it...staring out the window, putting it in my roommates shower...she was quite surprised.

Mom at Our House said...

You could have some real fun with that card board cut out, scaring people I mean. Just remember to put it away when a REAL guy comes over. That might freak him out in a bad way.

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Who was taking those pictures? Was it Deena? Did you feel like a nerd? Or did you do the timer? I hope Deena took them so she could see what a nerdo you are! I think both you and Zac look pretty darn good. I love your shiny teal shirt.

R and A said...

Hi. This is for father speaking. I am using Annalee's blogger account. Your comments about HSM made us all laugh very much. We also love the shirt.

Unknown said...

I love these pictures! They are priceless! And he does look very nice in your fancy pants room! So chic!