Tuesday, September 14, 2010

If I were a superhero, I'd be Mouse-Woman

Or Mouse-Girl, I suppose, but that's offensive. As long time readers know, I am afraid of mice. No amount of rational thinking has been able to cure this. I know they're small. I know they're cute. I even like them in cartoons. Maybe if they wore little outfits in real life? But I think they are evil and creepy. So, imagine my horror when I discovered that my new library branch has at least 1 (but I'm thinking 2 is more realistic, since I've seen one upstairs and downstairs) mouse. Insert full-body shudder here. And not just any mice. These mice are crazy bold. C'mon, mice! What ever happened to being afraid of people?

You'll all be pleased to know, however, that I am much, much braver than I used to be. Although I have seen mice several times at the library, not once have I screamed, jumped up on my desk, and started shaking and crying. Progress! Once I did have to go outside and quietly freak out, but that's not too bad. Anywho, I still hope that we can someday get rid of the evil things. I'm thinking we should get a library cat. It would be cute (we could name it Patches!) and at least if I saw a mouse, I could say, "Well, that's Patch's lookout."

P.S. Bonus point to whoever knows what the title of this blog refers to.

5 comments:

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Oh the laughs! I love the Patch's idea--he could curl up and sleep by the fireplace in the winter! Adorbs! And I do not know the origin of the title of this post...but I wait with bated breath to find out!

Meredith said...

Hmm, I'm thinking now that the correct possessive of Patches would be "Patches's." It's just so confusing!

Megan Campbell Carter said...

Maybe your little mouse is like that character from Library Mouse..guess mice really do live in the library

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Patches's? Really?

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

And where did the title of this post come from? Don't leave me hangin'.