Sunday, August 3, 2008

SHARK WEEK!!!!!!

Oh, the joys of Shark Week. Every night for an entire week, shows about sharks on Discovery. Things I learned:

It's hard to make a shark bite you.
But some people want a shark to bite them.
Sharks won't eat RoboDog.
The Bahamas is teeming with sharks.
The shark in Jaws is unrealistic.
Sharks are attracted to flashlights and clown suits.
You should go for the eyes if a shark attacks you, but you will probably be dead or severely maimed before you find them.

And I could go on! But I will end instead by telling you that our culminating Shark Week event was a trip to Rehoboth Beach in Delaware. And what did we see out in the water?

Sharks!!! JK, it was dolphins. Seriously, this was the best shot we could get, although we saw at least 12 dolphins at the same time. Some of them jumped out of the water a bit. It was sweet. Here's me playing in the ocean:


And with Kenisha:


My secret life:

You had no idea, right? I'm actually a mermaid princess, much like the daughters of Triton. Here's my throne:


Finally, here's Kenisha, Kadona, and me, playing in the sand, after my fins were surgically removed. There's no such thing as a legless Top Doll!

I also left with an unwanted Shark Week souvenir-the mother of all sunburns. Not really, but it does hurt real bad. Sigh. Tragically, I won't even get a tan from it. You just watch.

Until next year, Happy Shark Week!

6 comments:

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

How do they know that sharks are attracted to clown suits? That is a strange and fascinating fact. You are a hot swimsuit wearer. Way to be!

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Oh, and also...who WANTS a shark to bite them? I mean, just cuz they're wacky? Or some deeper reason? I just don't understand people these days, I really don't.

Rhonda said...

I always knew you were a princess and now I have the pictures to prove it. WATCH OUT for that SHARK!!!!!

Elder and Sister Veatch said...

I thought it was a shark, Mer! I really did! And you make a lovely mermaid, Mer!!!

Anonymous said...

is that a two piece swim suit you are wearing? Risky! Next thing you know you will be justifying a string bikini. Really what have those new friends of yours been teaching you. Oh and I am ashamed to admit I thought it was a shark. That would have been awesome!

michele84084 said...

I wouldn't tan either. Just red, pain, and peel. Yep- we must share some genes.