Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Changing of the Guard

That's right, I have a good news/bad news situation here. Bad news first: I no longer have my trusty Toyota Camry, Moya. She was a loyal companion for years, but I no longer felt safe driving her anywhere further away than work. Church, at about 25 miles, gave me mild panic attacks until I was safely there and back. I don't blame her. After carrying me safely across the country and through the DC metro area, I know she would never willingly betray me. I blame incompetent mechanics and the cruel, relentless march of time. I truly do miss her. Moment of silence please for Moya.

Now for the good news. I have a new car! He's a 2008 (!) Ford Fusion. Only 23,000 miles. And more money than I wanted to pay, but a lot less than I thought I would have to for such a nice car. Here we are pretending to drive!

He looks black in most of these pictures, but really, he's a nice dark blue. You can tell best in this picture, I think:

So, this is actually the inside of the car. But if you look there at the edge of the door and it looks kind of sparkly blue? Yeah? You see it? Okay! That's what color the car is with the sun on it.

Here's a side view, showing how sleek he is!


Oh, wait. This is me with the large mylar bunny balloon that the weird Sales manager gave me as a "Thanks for buying the car!" gift. Well, I'm not one to look a gift mylar bunny balloon in the mouth. Here's the actual side view:


Ron and Deena also wanted everyone to notice the pretty flowers. So there you go.

What else to say-it seems to fit my wish list. Spacious trunk (I could probably fit 2 bodies in there! As long as they were not both overly large). Ceiling firmly attached to top of car. All seatbelts in working order. Both sunvisors. Paint not peeling. CD player (I started listening to an audio book in it today! Very chic and exciting). Windshield in one piece. Seems to actually run. As previously mentioned, it was slightly more than my initial budget hopes, but it's also nicer than I initially thought.

Only one matter remains. What should I name the new car? I think he's a boy. In the spirit of full disclosure, I must tell you that Moya was named after the living ship from Farscape. I have had a suggestion that I should name new car Talyn, after Moya's son on Farscape. But I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'm thinking maybe something from another deepspace saga. I could go with Galactica, but I believe, as a ship, she was also a girl. But it could go either way, I guess. Or Serenity. But I really don't think that's a good name for a car. Too vague. I mean, it could be referring to a state of being! Or I could stear away from ships. How about naming the car after a favorite character from one of those shows? Oh, decisions, decisions!

In any case, Welcome to the family, New Car (name tbd)!

7 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

Congrats,and wow! A 2008, you are moving up in the world girl. It looks super nice, but I don't have a clue what to name him. I will ponder it a while.


Suggestion on name. Nothing to obvious, something that when you say the name people will ask how you came up with it rather then the, "oh from ...." comment.

R and A said...

car, what car, those were some nice flowers.

Maren said...

Can't wait for you and the car to come visit us in Maryland. Maybe we can put him to work at our house too :}

Summer & Rich said...

What a nice car. I have one idea for a name. Jane, that way people will think it is a girl but it is not and he will beat them up just like Jane does on Firefly.

Chelsea Allen said...

I like Summer's idea. Jane is truly one of my faves on Firefly, and you LOVE Firefly. I'm not good at coming up with my own ideas...I just leech off others.

Liviania said...

Congrats on the new car! I'm not much help as my car's name is Ibby. People think it's odd. (She practically named herself, which is the easiest way to do it.)

Unknown said...

Congrats!!! he is gorgeous! I am truly happy for you. The first name I thought of before you even mentioned Serenity was the Capt. Dreamy pants...Finnian or something? I think that would be altogether appropriate. And it should be a boy, since you are a girl. My Tony says Woot woot! rather..Meep meep, but you get it!