Sunday, May 10, 2009

Random thoughts

1. Why do I always get Joan Rivers and Joan Crawford mixed up? At this point in my life, it's a little embarrassing that I can't keep them straight.

2. Some things would really benefit from a laugh track. Oddly enough. Yes, I'm talking about the new Disney Channel show, Jonas. Truthfully it would also benefit from being a) more funny, and b) totally different than it is now!!!! But I think some fake laughs in there to tell me when I ought to be enjoying myself would go a long way. I mean, I know the Jonas brothers can act at least a little bit. I watched Camp Rock, for pity's sake. But I found their new show to be really boring, pointless, and a little embarrassing. And coming from someone who loves the Jonas Brothers and the Disney Channel, that's saying something.

2a. On the other hand, I quite enjoyed Sonny with a Chance, so maybe there still hope for the world!

3. Humidity is the bane of my existence. The other day, when I was walking outside, my elbow was sweating. Yes, my elbow. That's just wrong.

4. Nedric isn't from anything. Except Maren's brain. It's like Cedric, see? But different? Hee hee! Oh, Nedric!

5. The new Star Trek movie has reignited my childhood ambition to join Starfleet. Seriously, why is the present so lame? I mean, come on--librarian? What's that all about? At the very least, in the future I could be a librarian: IN SPACE!!!!!!!!!


I'm not sure where I'd want the library to be though. It seems like the outer sections would probably be a wee bit dangerous. They're always getting blasted by torpedoes and stuff. But I'd want us to have windows. That way, if no one was coming in, we could look out at the scenery. Wait, where would I be closest to the escape shuttle thingies? And I bet I'd need to be a lot more comfortable with all those fancy technologies. Do they have paper books in the future? They should. There's something very comforting about actually holding a book in your hand. And would I have to wear a heinous polyester uniform to work? Oh, the dilemmas I would face as a librarian in space. Ooh, look, I'm a poet!

6. Wouldn't Librarians in Space be an awesome comic book?

6 comments:

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

I don't know the difference between Joan Rivers and Joan Crawford. No need to feel ashamed...or maybe I need to join you in feeling ashamed. So, Star Trek was pretty sweet, eh? You have just been the watching new movie maniac lately. I'm totally jealous.

michele84084 said...

So, we know from "Next Generation" that actual books are collectibles and that "books" are actually read on a very flat electronicee thingee. So in the future you'd have to download stuff I guess? (I am such a geek.)
Aunt Susie and I are going to see the movie this week. I can't wait!

Unknown said...

I read that whole post!!!
And you are right the present is lame!!! How 'bout a mom in space? Space moms. Awesome. Not as cool as Space Librarians, mind you, but maybe we could work it so the Space Mom's movie comes out on Mother's Day.

R and A said...

I hear you on humidity. It is horrible. I'm still trying to get Reed pumped to go see "Star Trek". So far, no luck. oh well.

Tiffany said...

You should not feel at all ashamed. I don't even know who Joan Crawford is to get her mixed up with Joan Rivers. Talk about what a loser I am!

And I have a feeling that if you went straight from now to the future, you would think it's rad. But I bet if you simply had grown up in the future, you wouldn't even think it was so cool. Cause I bet that 100 years ago, someone was writing on their blog about how cool it would be to live in 2009. And we would have to break the news to them, that growing up in this day and age, it's not that exciting.

Tiffany said...

Well, I guess it was more about joining Starfleet, not necessarily living in the future. No one read the second part of that last comment. Thanks so much.