Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Austen, Austen, and more Austen!

I don't think I need to explain my love for Jane Austen. Mansfield Park aside (he is her cousin and it is creepy!), I super love all of her books. I often say that my favorite Jane Austen is Persuasion, but oddly enough, one of my favorite books of all time is Pride and Prejudice. What does this mean? I do not know. But I do know that I don't really trust anyone who doesn't like Jane Austen.

In my current Austen celebration, I've been taking super scientific and edumacational quizzes that determine which Austen heroine I am. The results? Mixed. It turns out that I'm either Elizabeth Bennet or Elinor Dashwood. They're pretty different from each other, but I like them both!

I've also been listening to Pride and Prejudice in my car lately. And it has really held up. I just want to hug Austen, and then name all of my kids after her. She's just that great.

In closing I'd like to leave you with this awesome version of P&P done with emoticons, as well as my favorite line from the LDS version of P&P. Mr. Collins, talking about Lizzy rejecting his proposal from the pulpit in church, says, "I had a kind of... funny... encounter with a girl in this congregation, who will remain anonymous, but for the sake of the story, let's call her... Elizabeth B. No, E. Bennett." Good times.




3 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

You may hate me forever, but I have to admit, I have never read a Jane Austen book. They just aren't my style.

Meredith said...

I don't hate you, Becca. I just don't trust you! They're awesome!

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Becca, Becca, Becca. How do you know they aren't your style until you try them? Read it with a fox or on a box, with a mouse or in a house. You don't like it, so you say, try it! Try it1 And you may! Try it and you may, I say! But seriously, you should just try it.