Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy America, Everybody

Hey all, I know it's been awhile. And I have great plans to pick it back up and post more often from now on. And let's kick it all off with my tribute to America, Americans, and that great holiday, Independence Day (also known as the 4th of July, for reasons that are unfathomable. I mean, no one calls Halloween the 31st of October. Well they might, but they certainly don't say "Happy 31st of October!" No, they say, "Happy Birthday!").

So what will I be doing this 3-day weekend (Thank you, USA!)?

1) Dramatic reading of the Lane Smith classic, John, Paul, George, and Ben. No, not about the Beatles. It's the other Fab Four (five if you count Tom): the Founding Fathers!


2. Twilight movie marathon! Not patriotic, you say? Well, take this: paying to see Eclipse will stimulate the economy! Bam!

3. Watching this patriotic video:




4. Not working on Monday! Huzzah! Have a great Independence Day!

3 comments:

Ken said...

Ive got big plans too! Silvia is going to Idaho and leaving me alone and I have to work all weekend. Yippee! Sounds like a good oportunity to get some reading done.

Liviania said...

Sounds like a good plan for the holiday weekend!

Happy (early) Fourth!

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

I'm going to try to make my kids like fun things (i.e. parades, fireworks, etc.). When that fails, I will take a long nap.