Wednesday, July 7, 2010

That vampire movie (you know the one): my review

It's true, friends, I have seen Eclipse, and I have thoughts to share!

First of all, it's my favorite of the movies so far. It's also my favorite of the books, so there might be a correlation there. However, I also think they did a grood job on this movie, which is the most important thing for me.

Here, in no particular order, are my thoughts whilst viewing Eclipse.

Why on earth do they insist on calling this movie The Twilight Saga: Eclipse? Do they think people won't know what it is without "The Twilight Saga" tacked on the front? Because, news flash, everyone in the world knows what this movie is.

Hmm...Jasper's hair is different, but still somewhat ridonkulous. This incarnation is the best yet, because it's not out the realm of possibility that someone in the world might have this haircut, esp. when Jasper became a vampire, but it's still not hot. If you're going to change a vampire's (supposedly) unchangeable hair, why wouldn't you make it hot??? Honestly, hair people, why you gots to mess with my favorite character's image like that?

Speaking of hair, I greatly appreciate that I cannot see Rosalie's roots in this movie. Next time, bleach her eyebrows, and we're in business!

Very nice with the vampire makeup! I actually thought these were pale, other-worldly beings, not weirdos with mime face.

Nu Victoria does not look the same as ye olde Victoria.

Oh, Charlie! Love him.

Kudos to Jasper for making the most of his opportunity to act in this movie. My roommate accused him of being a mumbler, but I think I have become immune to mumbling because of the library, so it didn't bug me.

Action, Action, Action!!!! Loved the fight scenes, the chase scene, etc. More action=more fun! Do you think the wolf pack felt bad that the vampires got to do their own stunts, while their stunts were performed by giant, computer generated wolves?

Here are the thoughts of others in the theater, vocalised whilst viewing Eclipse.

Everytime Jacob appears shirtless: "He's so cute!" Giggling.

When Edward asks whether Jacob owns a shirt: "Shirts are lame!" Giggling.

When Jacob (shirtless) carries Bella up the mountain: "Sigh." Giggling.

When Jacob (SPOILER ALERT!) kisses Bella: "I'd change my mind!" (from Edward to Jacob) Giggling.

When Mike Newton is on screen: "Team Mike!" with fists uprasied in triumph. Oh wait, that was me. In my house. When I watched the first two movies in the series. But I thought it during Eclipse. Giggling.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! we so had the same team mike joke!!! (really I was not serious thought... but the thought made me laugh.) This was my favorite movie, but least favorite book. Mostly because I thought it was so slow moving. But... I need to read it again. Anyways,... loved your review.

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

I wish I could see it. I wish I could see anything. I'd like to watch paint dry if it meant getting away from my home sans kids for a couple of hours. Here's my review of watching paint dry. "Eek! Team yellow!" or something like that. Anywho, I, too, enjoyed your review. You have a gift, my dear.