Sunday, January 11, 2009

Updatus spectaculus!

Obvs, that's a Harry Potter type spell that will enable me to update you on the big happenings in my life.

1. I got a job!!!! Confetti! Streamers! Bagpipes! General merriment! I'm going to be a Children's librarian at a public library in Virginia. For those in the know, this is my dream position. It's what I went to school to do. So Kudos to me! I'm starting January 20.

2. Cue the funeral dirge: I am moving to South-East Virginia. I always said that I wanted to move back to Utah when I graduated, and recently I had begun thinking that I might want to stay in the D.C. area, but it wasn't meant to be, I suppose. The town where I will be working is about 3 and 1/2 hours away from where I live now. But I think it will be good, assuming I ever get a place to live. Cue general panic.

3. My car works again! Hundreds of dollars and several panic attacks later, my car has been diagnosed and treated for a broken fuel pump. But, considering this was her first big repair since I got her, I count my many blessings and pat her on the hood for a job well done. I hope we have many more years together.

Other than that, things are somewhat status quo. Ha! Anywho, I had a great Christmas, although I really neglected to take many pictures. I'm not sure why. I guess the sisters who were photographing everything seemed to have it under control. So I want some of those pics, eh? Get on it, people.

I leave you with this:


It may look like I am cowering away from the skeletal remains of a giant sloth, but I believe it's a metaphor for me cowering away from my future responsibilities. Of course this one is me sticking my tongue out at said responsibilities, with the help of my loyal twin. I refuse to accept maturity!


Yes, we are picking the nose of a prehistoric crocodile. Ew.

4 comments:

Mom at Our House said...

Yea congrats to you. I am sad you won't be moving back to Utah, but really since I don't live there anymore, there is no reason for you to go back. Right! Also you will live a hop skip and a jump away from Gary and Scott.


*a hop, skip and a jump out to the car, and then a 3 hour drive that is!

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Mer, if being a librarian doesn't work out for you, you always have a back-up career as a humor columnist...and you'd probably get nationally syndicated, a television show based off your ditties and what-not, a best-selling book, and possibly even an Oscar winning movie from it. So you'd probably be a gazillionaire. So that should make you feel sooooo grood. And those pictures, while super symbolic, are also pretty darn funny/beautiful.

R and A said...

I miss you guys so much already. Just seeing those pictures of us at the dinosaur museum made me hurt inside.

Ken said...

We both blogged a picture of a Sarcosuchus! How cool is that? We have the same taste in fossils. Right on, highfive and all that jazz.