Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Being a Librarian gives me a headache

And a severe need for massages. Unfortunately, I have not as of yet made good enough friends with anyone to request that they give me massages. I've been self-treating, and it's not extremely affective. I have also been self-medicating, but never fear-I only use ibuprofen!

But I am loving my job! The work people are nice, the kids are adorable, and I am starting to figure out what I'm doing! Plus, I can just grab a book off the shelf to check out any time I want! Today I read Frankenstein Makes a Sandwich by Adam Rex. Tomorrow I'm going to get the sequel, Frankenstein Takes the Cake. They're funny books of poetry about monsters. Good times. For now I am training with the Children's librarian in the North. In about two months, I will move to the Library downtown . Even though they're in the same town, they're about 1/2 hour drive apart. Crazy, eh? Town which shall not be named is like 430 square miles! It's ginormous, area wise. I like where I am, but I'm excited to head the department on my own.

I am doing my first story time next week, and in March, I am hopefully going to a conference on tween programming! It's just in Virginia Beach, but I'm still excited. I'm also excited to get paid, but I won't get a full paycheck until February 13! I might get a small check on Friday, but if I do, it will only be for two days of work. Sigh. I want $$$$$! I need $$$$$$! Moving is expensive. But at least I am making a salary, not working an hourly job. Now I won't have to think for every single thing I buy, "Dang, it took me 45 minutes to make that money!" Or, worst case scenario, when I was filling my gas tank on the way home from work, "Augh, it cost more to fill my tank than I made today!" That's never a good feeling.

I still plan on taking pics of where I live and hooking y'all up, but I am currently lying around on my unmade bed, so it will have to wait. I want you to see how things could be, not how I really live. Cause I'm kind of a slob.

4 comments:

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

I am so dang happy that you like your job so much. It's awesome. You're awesome. ANd, of course, I am awesome.

Unknown said...

I think your job sounds awesome! To do story times and all that! But I definitely understand why you would need self medicating. ;)
And I love those Frankenstein books, quincey does too.

Mom at Our House said...

I am so glad you are lovin your job. It sounds like a kick good time. I want to hear about where you are living a little.

R and A said...

You are so great. I know that Andrew and Eric would love to go to your storytime. Wouldn't that be awesome?