Thursday, September 25, 2008

Don't Panic!

And always carry a towel. Well, I gots a towel, but I am freaking out. Let me tell you what, sometimes being a grad student blows, and this is totally one of those times. I am currently extremely low on fundage, so much so that I am forgoing a much needed oil change to Moya the Camry, who just passed her 150,000 mile range. Congrats, baby! Hope you can hold out a little longer! I am also forgoing grocery shopping. Wish me luck finding the right stuff for dinner here in my house.

I would like to blame my landlady for this sad state of affairs, because she cashed two of my rent checks at the same time, but the truth is, I suck. At money management. Sigh. Augh! I am really looking forward to the day when I have cash in abundance and no more financial worries. That's a real day, right? Right?!?!?!?!

Update: I went ahead with the oil change. Baby needs her oil. What good will it do me if she breaks down? Plus, I had a coupon. Already I am feeling slightly better about things (although not ready to go a shopping spree). That "Don't Panic!" thing was good advice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the Hitchhiker's Guide to the galaxy reference. And in my experience, there are almost never any times when you will not be worrying about money. Still, "Don't Panic" is always good advice. Also, I love coupons.