Monday, September 8, 2008

I <3 Dogs

Y'all, I have just discovered the show Dogtown on National Geographic, and I am hooked. It's about the dog sanctuary at the Best Friends Animal Sanctuary near Kanab. That's right, Kanab, UT. I have seriously been watching videos from Dogtown on Youtube for the last hour and crying. Especially the video of poor Bruno! All of the dogs have had such hard lives and so many problems. It's really inspirational, seeing what a difference these people can make, and it's really sad when things don't work out. The way we treat animals in our society says a lot about how we treat each other. Even people who aren't animal lovers should treat animals humanely.

I learned about the show because their season premiere was about some of the dogs taken from Michael Vicks dog-fighting operation. I never knew that pit bulls could be so cute and lovable. Here's a couple of them:


How could anyone see those sweet faces and mistreat them?

This isn't really a coherent post, but I wanted share what I've been thinking about. And be proud that such an awesome organization is in Utah.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit I don't like animals. But having said that I still treat them good. I will give them love and attention when I see them or if they are at a friends house. I would ( hopefully ) never own one.

Meredith said...

I can respect that. I think that's how most people are, just a few a super evil and mean.