Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The triumphant return of the Jewish Anti-Mouse Song

Yesterday at work, the ladies restroom nearest the library was out of order. Before you ask, the library at my work is basically a room and some offices in a much larger building, so no, there isn't a bathroom in the library. Anywho, I had to go all the way to the bathroom that is not at all close to the library. Tragic, eh? On my way back to the library, I took a look at the out of order sign on the bathroom door. It was a hand-written sign, in Sharpie, saying, "Do Not Use! Out of Order!" Then in tiny letters near the bottom of the sign it read, "There is a mouse in this bathroom." Ha!

Now, don't get me wrong, I certainly do not want to be in the same bathroom as a mouse. As the title of this blog vaguely alludes, I hate mice enough that once, in a somewhat panicked and tearful state, I made up a song about mice set to a tune from Fiddler on the Roof. It went a little something like this: "May the Lord protect you from mouses..." That's actually all I wrote of it. At that point, I believe I was taken by a fit of hysterics, no doubt caused by my traveling uterus.
So as I said, I don't want to use a bathroom infested by mouse. However, if that mouse was alive, there's no way it was still in the bathroom. They're wily and evil, and can escape through unnaturally small spaces. And if the mouse was dead, then why the heck couldn't they just get rid of the darn thing? I suppose that's a mystery for another day, or, more likely, one that will never be solved at all, since the bathroom is open for use again today.

Here, to finish us off, are the only mice in the world I like.


That's right, cartoon mice. And even some of them are a little scary. I'm looking at you, Basil.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 things
1. Didn't you learn anything from Lisa Nowak (google it) just wear a diaper and you don't have to worry about potty breaks.
2. What about Cinderella's friendly Mice? Don't you like them?

Shay, Chelsea and Jonas Allen said...

Jewish Anti-mouse song lovers unite! Oh, and I totally know where that mouse went...through the freakin' toilets. Seriously, they can do that. They can swim through the sewer pipes and crap (get it, "and crap?") Yeah, that is so gross. I've gotten myself all uuughed out, so I'm gonna sing that song tonight, just in case any little mices are runnin' around this joint.